Monday, May 28, 2012

whew!

Well. This "summer" is off to a flying start. I had my first week at my internship and it went really well, overall. I did a lot of research on both Farm to Fork (or Institution) and SNAP acceptance at Farmers Markets. My preceptor is really nice, and I got to meet some interesting people. And everyone in my office is -really- nice.  It's a little bit awkward living in someone else's house... but it's okay. 

I came home this weekend to spend time with Charlie. We had a date night Saturday night!

Thai Food!! Charlie always gets a Thai tea.

And I always get Pad Sai Eiu (I don't think I spelled that right.) 


We even had leftovers!


It's been pretty rainy here lately. On our way home we saw this beautiful view of Minneapolis... You can barely see it above the tree-line


Yesterday after church we took the poochies to the park... Rufus isn't a very good play partner for dogs he doesn't know, so we left Punkin with a lab and mutt and took Rufus down to the marsh to swim. I think we wore him out good. After their bath when we got home, they snuggled on the couch :) He hasn't moved yet today!

Last night we went to a concert at Como Park. Charlie and I were the two youngest people there besides a few kids. It was raining outside the Pavilion and just such a nice, relaxing night. We even brought ice-cream along like my family used to do when we would visit Minnesota.

It was just a beautiful, rainy, summer night

The Pavilion and Como Park waterfall in the distance

I missed their umbrellas, but the rain doesn't stop people from fishing!


I'm so thankful I am interning close enough to come home on weekends. It'd be a long summer, otherwise.  I need my little family.

2 comments:

  1. Steph, Beau and I were hanging out with some friends of ours, another couple. Sandi (the female half) is also a nutritionist. She works for Woman's Hospital, but her heart is really into teaching and policy-making. When I told her about everything you've gotten to do, she was super jealous. She writes articles sometimes for The Advocate. Anywho, I decided that you and she would get along great, and when you move back one of my first priorities is getting you two together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Sorry, forgot something.) AND she and her boyfriend are super into growing their own produce. They are basically the city version of you and Charlie. (Except Chris is also an economist.)

    ReplyDelete

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers