Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I'm almost ...

...With the biggest project of my life.

All 40 pages of it. (Please don't laugh at me if you're fancy and write 900 page papers.)

Here was one of my contributions to the project:


Neat, huh? It's a word-frequency cloud... with more-used words larger than less-used words. Fortunately, this reflects the project since it is an intervention to increase iron consumption among pregnant teenagers. 

It's been a neat learning experience. 

I have plans for the summer! I have housing. I know what I'm going to be doing now, too... which is interviewing people (institutions) in the community about their interest in using more local foods. I'm going to see what kind of barriers are there preventing groups from doing so... then I'm going to meet local farmers, see what kind of products they have available, and create a system to connect the two! Farm to Fork! :)

Charlie's obviously excited since I'm going to learn about what he loves. He's always been an advocate for local over organic... and then trend is finally catching on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers