Saturday, July 24, 2010

one.

i am exactly 14 days away from our one year anniversary.
i've learned a lot... hopefully i shall blog about that for our anniversary... but i DID want to share one thing i have learned this past year.

in marriage: two become one.

i think it would be easy for either charlie or i to imagine what our lives would be like had we not gotten married. i might be a dietician. charlie might live in baton rouge working for the farmer's market. we could dream all day. but in all honesty... IT'S IRRELEVANT.

when two people are married and make a covenant before God and each other... they become ONE. one person. one flesh. their lives aren't the same. that new union is not supposed to look like one of the individuals or the other. it's a fresh, new thing. there may be certain relationships where only one individual makes decisions and does all the thinking, but i am proud to say charlie and i work really well together. yes, i dream. yes, i have opinions. but charlie has this way of keeping me grounded. he brings this stability into my life that i wouldn't have without him. we talk things through. we disagree at times. but in the end, we make unified decisions. i can rest in his final decision, because i know his character--i know he will always keep our (mine and his) best interests in mind.

so what is the point in wondering what someone would be doing if he or she weren't married? my covenant is first to God and to my husband. all we can do is walk that out as ONE.

1 comment:

  1. See, I chose wisely, who better to share my life with?

    ReplyDelete

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers