Tuesday, November 11, 2014

It's aaaaaa......

Healthy baby!!

Sorry, yall. I forgot to blog a couple of weeks ago when we had the anatomy scan ultrasound. We decided not to find out if we're having a girl or a boy--it's a surprise!

We took a trip to Arkansas last week--we got to see Susan, Alan and the boys--along with a lot of other cousins we don't get to see often enough. It was for my cousin Ella's wedding--it was gorgeous. A gorgeous day, a beautiful wedding--I'm so happy for her! (And happy for us that we all got to get together! It seems like the people getting married get the short end of the stick as far as actually getting to spend time with the people who come in for the wedding! I remember feeling that way at Charlie and my wedding).  But I AM glad we got quality time with family. I really wish it could happen more often (and with less jet-lag and stress on Susan and the kids!)

I did, however, pick up a cold-now-turned-terrible-cough on the way. Whew. Baby's gonna get abs from this one. I'm going to have to break down and get cough medicine so I can sleep tonight.

I didn't expect for so much to happen internally and emotionally during pregnancy. I guess I expected mood swings--getting mad at silly things--crying at silly things--but not deep, emotional things. Thank God for supportive parents and a MIL who prays--and that He is with me EVERY step of the way. What would we do without him? Seriously?

I suppose it's something we are always working on, but I need to see myself in His image. What's harder, is that I am needing Him to show me a vision of what that looks like as a mom. I know I technically AM a mom now--but it doesn't come with the same daily grind that will be here soon.

Jesus. you are faithful. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers