Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Yesh.

This is a big week for me.

1. I finally got cleared to start work! It's not quite in the way I thought, but God moved mountains to get me in there! I'll be working as a dietetic technician until my state license comes through. But I actually don't mind at all. One week will just be orientation. And then I feel like it will be low pressure for another week or two as I get acclimated and get to know patients and staff until I transition into my RD position--and it should give me time to really get to know the kitchen staff. I pray God gives me favor with them! I want to be someone they like working with--not the crazy dietitian who is going to change everything. (Although, I'm really nervous some things will need changing!)

2. Tomorrow, my sister moves here! It makes me SO happy! Even if she doesn't live here forever, it will still be awesome to share this culture and experiences and quality time together. I seriously feel so blessed she's coming.

3. It's the start of Loup Farms and our marketing campaign. Charlie's been planning this and dreaming about his farm for so long. I am so proud of his integrity. I am SO PROUD that he wants to be an honest business-man who gives people quality products. He definitely values quality and honesty over anything else. That's how I know he will be successful. You reap what you sow.

I'm struggling finding my place in Loup Farms. I am a dietitian--but I am not sure how to use that to help people. I really dislike (read: hate) over-sensationalized nutrition. I'm not going to exaggerate the effects of eating kale. Or that Charlie's minimally spraying. Or not using GMO (at all?) I can't tell people it's going to prevent cancer and change their health. Do I believe in fruits and vegetables? Absolutely. You should probably eat more :) I just... can't stretch what is known to be true. I hope I can find a way to benefit the farm without over-stepping my integrity--but still helping people! Agh! God, help me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers