Monday, July 8, 2013

update

what's been up with me lately?

well. i was asked to put my gluten free, home made meal away at an un-gluten-free-friendly restaurant. that was cool. fortunately through this process, i learned that that is illegal! so i wrote them a letter to inform them of that.

i'm working on the rehab (stroke) and icu units this week at the hospital. i'm really enjoying my work there. i think i was definitely made to be an RD. God's given me a lot of joy in it.

it's hot here. we don't have AC. BUT i am taking this all as an opportunity to re-acclimate. really, that's probably a good thing. i "worked" with charlie for a bit yesterday picking strawberries and raspberries, and i almost melted into a puddle. sooooo it's probably good we sweat all evening long :)  and it's nice because i have to wear a lab-coat all day at the hospital to keep warm!

what else? i had a fun friend in town this weekend! it was really great to see her. also since she was in town, charlie and i did more twin cities stuff than we ever do. we went to the lake nokomis beach which was very fun. we may have to go back there or to another lake before we move.

we've started trying to list and sell stuff for our move home. i hope we can sell it all. it feels kind of freeing!

my little sister is moving to LOUISIANA! i probably am definitely way too excited about this. i LOVE my Loup family, and having a galbo-cusper to share my life with (at least for a little while) will make it all the more sweet. phase 1. now i just have to get two parents and a sister and brother and kids to follow..... *myplanisworking*

1 comment:

  1. Yay for everything but the restaurant making you put your food away! How rude! Hope you get a free meal or something out of it (but you probably couldn't eat it, right?)

    ReplyDelete

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers