Saturday, July 13, 2013

Spirit of the Living God


I used to sing a song (similar) to this at summer camp. I had it stuck in my head tonight, and can't find the exact version I'm looking for. I think I might like it better when I sing it to myself :)

"Spirit of the Living God, Fall afresh on me. Spirit of the Living God, fall afresh on me! Melt me, mold me, fill me, use me. Spirit of the Living God, fall afresh on me.

Creator of the Universe, you formed my inmost parts. You are Lord of everything, and yet you know my heart! Lord, you created all I see.... Creator of the Universe, come create yourself in me!"

That's my prayer tonight. I need Him fresh and close and real and palpable. palpable? I need Him thick in the air. Thick in my breath and in my lungs. I need Him to speak, and not me. I need Him to lay His otter-fur mantle on my shoulders and look on me with purpose and destiny.

I'm being silly about the otter fur. Mrs. Annie just reminded me that I have an otter fur in their freezer because we're making Punkin a fur coat. AND I just learned that that's what a mantle is. A fur "coat"/cape thing prophets used to put on someone when God called them. Elijah put one on Elisha when he was out in a field plowing with his oxen.

The biggest otter in the world.


I believe God fell afresh on Charlie last night. Now I need it, too. A calling. A destiny. A direction. Not me, Him. I want it all to be Him.

1 comment:

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers