Thursday, October 18, 2012

real

"Eat more french fries and drink less water".  (Ironic advice, huh?)

So they didn't have great answers for me, but I must be on my way to recovery.  I kind of have to be, with the semester half-way through and an entire field experience to get going on.  (Yipes!)

The girls from school and our program director sent me a -beautiful- bouquet of edible arrangements   I was absolutely humbled that they thought of me and sent that kind of love my way.  And that I have professors and advisers who -really- care about me and are so willing to do whatever I need to do to both keep up and rest up.

A dear lady sent me a book and it's been a really great read so far.  Here's my favorite quote:
"The enemy uses lies of accusation and intimidation to make the problems and conflicts in our lives, which result from the in-congruence between the heavenly reality and earthly reality, appear bigger than the solutions we carry."

I can see this in my own life.  I know in my spirit how things are meant to be.  I am not experiencing those things.  It causes an internal conflict that the enemy blows lies into.  He makes the difference between what is and what should be too great.  And when you concentrate on that, you lose site of everything else (God).  It's been a good reflection for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers