Saturday, September 8, 2012

*Yawn*

I cannot wake up today!!  Maybe it was that melatonin I took last night..?

I also had weird dreams.  Also thanks to the melatonin, I believe.  I wonder if people who dream more have more natural melatonin?  I have stages where I dream a lot and stages where I don't remember dreaming at all.

I can tell it's football season.  It's -amazing- weather outside today.  Long-sleeved shirt.  Inside, I want to curl up in a blanket.  Charlie is in cooking mode. He loves to cook in between football games.  (I'm hoping something grilled is in the near future).  I'm beginning to dream about going apple picking and the weather staying cool... taking the puppies to the park... the weather getting even crisper and chopping down a christmas tree... and taking night-time walks in the snow.

I took the public (not school) bus for the first time yesterday.  I was so scared.  But I did it!  It wasn't too scary!  I think it will save me a lot of stress this winter when the snow begins.  You know I don't know how to drive in snow!!  My only other issue is Rufus.  I want to keep him here with me (if Charlie goes home to crawfish every once in a while).  My ISSUE with the big goof-ball is that he is the WORST walker EVER.  I think if it were slippery outside he would cause me to hurt myself by pulling me and making me land face-first on the sidewalk.  Or back first.  Any way I landed it would hurt.  So I need to figure out how to make him nice before the snow starts. Tips, anyone?  Besides a choke-collar?

My first week of school went pretty good.  My classes this year are awesome.  I'm really excited about how much I'm going to learn.  It still blows my mind how good God has been to me through all of this... that He put me in the right program with these experiences and classes and that He's given me such favor with my professors and preceptors.  I'm so thankful.  He's so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers