Friday, August 24, 2012

Moonrise Kingdom





We just got back from "Moonrise Kingdom."  What a great film!  I believe we'd both recommend it.  It was funny and artistic and just nice to watch.

Moonrisekingdomposter2

Before the movie, we decided that we would actually be on time this time.  We've found a cheap movie theater that just has one screen, and it fits a LOT of people.  But we always end up getting there late and just squeezing in somewhere.  So tonight, we decided that we'd leave in plenty of time and find the one row that is reported to have extra leg room.  So Charlie shoved me off the couch in plenty of time to get there (we left at 6:30 for the 7:10 showing) aaaaaaaaand (now that we're in a different part of town) it took us a whopping 7 minutes to get there. HA!  seven.  And the movie before ours was still playing and it was very clear to me that 30+ minutes was a bit excessive. There was no one outside.  No one going in.  No one going out.  So we decided to take the block a few times since we don't have air conditioning in our house and we were both kind of hot and didn't feel like rolling the windows down and sitting in the non-air-conditioning.

On our block-taking (which, okayokay it was my idea), we decided that it might be cheaper to get snacks and a water somewhere else since even cheap movie theaters charge WAY too much for snacks.  Charlie pulled up to the sketchiest gas station I have ever seen and I hollered at him until he pulled out.  We drove around some more and found a Walgreens and sure enough found cheap water and some gluten free peachy-O's.  So that was exciting.  When we finally got back into our car, I declared that we could head back to the movie.

3 minutes later, we pull up to the movie and OH MY GOODNESS.  A line a mile long outside the door.  Charlie LOVED it.  "Too early, huh?  We couldn't just sit there and go in, could we?"  It was my fault.  Definitely my fault.  And we ended up sitting in the exact same seats that we've sat in every time we've gone to a movie there.

I suppose it's not in the cards for us to show up anywhere early.

1 comment:

  1. I really want to see this movie! Also, gluten free Peachy O's!? I've never seen such a thing!

    ReplyDelete

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers