Tuesday, July 10, 2012

healing

My post from the other day, the sermon at church on Sunday, and the Joyce Meyer message I listened to last night all confirmed how vitally important it is for us to remember the past and thank God for all He has done (and the emphasis is on HE...) Building "alters" out of the stones of past victories give us a place to come and meet God again. I feel impressed to keep sharing stories. To keep bringing to mind the many things God has done in my life. In the story I want to tell today, I am sure this happened in spite of me. When I was in High School we had a church camp with a few other churches call "Cross Training." This particular year we were having it in a Wycliff center in Texas somewhere. Well, while we were there I got a spider bite on the side of my toe. It wasn't terribly painful, but it was very swollen and just kind of aggriavating. Well, my friend Grace said, "Welll.... why don't we pray for it?" And everyone laid hands on my foot and prayed. And prayed with such conviction I was sure when they took their hands off, there would be no more spider bite. When the prayers finished, they took their hands off, and we looked... the bite was still there, although I thought it looked a little better. But Grace said it wasn't good enough, and she said, "We're going to pray again!" And she did... with even more vigor. And when she took her hand off that time... there was no more spider bite. I was completely healed. I think God uses miracles, not always to get us out of terrible situations, but to remind us of His love and power and involvement in our lives. God was THERE with us at camp. And He showed all of us that day that He was there and that prayer works. What a lesson to learn at church camp. (And thanks for your faith, Grace! :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers