Saturday, December 3, 2011

Daddy


This picture reminds me of the basketball camp you created for me with Pistol Pete when I was in Jr. High (or middle school?)  I didn't want to go to a real camp, but you saw potential in me and had me watch videos and do drills and practices for a week one summer.  I think at the time it paid off, but unfortunately I didn't stick with it and milk $50 more out of you for being able to jump and touch the basketball rim. 


So not just with basketball, but you've always been my coach.  A constant encourager and person who sees great potential in me, my sisters, my mom, and any other person in relationship with you.

I love this picture, too.  You have a big family of girls! (Which will probably swing to a man-dominated family soon!)  I can't think of a better man to be stuck in the middle of a bunch of women and love and protect and support all of us (and sometimes make fun of our soap-operas and girly food.)

I'm so thankful for you, Daddy.  I really hope this is one of the best years of your life.  I pray God will give you fulfillment and joy and a few more trips up to Minnesota :)



And hey.  I love watching you with Caleb.  And I can't wait for Charlie and I to have kids so they can meet and love their Papa.

Happy birthday, Dad!  Wish we could be there to celebrate you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers