Friday, December 2, 2011

Jericho

I've marched around Jericho 12 times.
I've thought I'd seen it start to fall
       to crumble.
       the rumble of ancient strongholds
                 starting to die.

I've marched around 12 times
   each time, the thought it would
      be my last.
Each begins
      victorious!
  Then tedious
      Then discouraging
          Then the realization


                    that I


can never make it fall.

I start the circle again.
what seems a cruel reminder
that the walls still remain.
   that the fortress still stands.
      that I am foolish for even trying.

I can't make it fall
But I can continue to march.
    The Ark of the Covenant
       carrying me along
Reminding me where the
     real work
       is being done.

I'm unsure when it will fall.
       or how.
          or how many more circles it will take.

But I'm thankful He lets me
   walk one more.
It means my journey isn't over.
I march in silence
  until the day He tells me to shout.

On that day, I'll shout.
And the walls will crumble.

Joshua 5:13-6:27

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers