Saturday, May 1, 2010

just a'dreamin

you created me to represent you here on earth--that people might see your image in me, that i could point them back to you.
how can i take that lightly?
although i know, at times, i don't bear your image well... it's still in me. i believe as a couple, charlie and i are called to help uncover God's image in people. especially broken people.
when a person breaks a bone, calcium is infused into the breaking point, causing it to be stronger than it was before the break. i believe that is a microcosm of what God does to our brokenness... He infuses it. he (miraculously) allows us to be stronger than before. because He is there in our brokenness.
my whole life i've been a dreamer. i imagine where i'll go and what i'll do. what i'll say... who i'll meet. i've dreamed i'll do big things with my life...
i believe i'm finding that allowing God to infuse himself into our brokenness... and uncovering His image in all of His people (read:REDEMPTION)... is perhaps the greatest thing i could see happen in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers