Saturday, April 3, 2010

easter saturday

If I believe one thing about God and the sacrifice of His son, I have to believe in redemption.
The one scene I vividly remember from The Passion of the Christ is when Jesus is carrying the cross to Golgotha, He is met by a friend who is very distraught. Jesus looks him in the eye and proclaims "I make all things new!" That was and is His heart. That is why He made the sacrifice He made. To make ALL things new. You. Me. All creatures. All creation. He is making all things new... into His likeness.
The "Saturday" after his crucifixion, I can imagine, was a dark time. I am sure Christ's disciples and followers were wondering where the redemption was... wondering how all things could be made new in death.
I believe we are living in the Saturday of Easter even now. The sacrifice has been made. The damage has been done against the kingdom of darkness... and yet the Kingdom is already, but not yet. We're waiting in faithful anticipation on the promise that has been made to us.
This is a time where we can allow our faith to grow and mature. We can seek His redemptive power. We can allow ourselves to die with Christ in order to be resurrected with Him in the next day.

1 comment:

  1. nooo...Her name's Piper. (but any name that starts with a "p" is usable) :)

    and we do need to talk...nothing particularly new, but lots of almost-something-happening kind of things are going on. (?)

    ReplyDelete

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers