Sunday, February 14, 2016

whew.

I still can't seem to kick the last little bit of perinatal anxiety that started during pregnancy. I'd compare it to... allergies or something. It does still bother me... but it's more of an annoyance that a big interference. BUT it does bother me enough to want it to go away. SO I'm trying something new. It's called EMDR.

It sounds kind of weird, and I don't quite understand it yet. But I'm hopeful. My basic understanding is that we'll try to re-frame some negative associations/fears. Which is really something I have been trying to do and prayed for, but this is a methodical and scientific method of doing so :)

What I'm praying for is that whatever comes up to be Holy-Spirit led. God created science and the mind and I believe that He can orchestrate exactly the things I do or do not need to re-frame.

When I spoke with the therapist, she kept asking me if I had any childhood trauma--and I don't! I explained what a wonderful childhood I had! Great parents, fun siblings, everything. I really can't imagine what it must be like for people who have had hard lives. What must that be like?! If you had absent / neglectful / abusive parents? I am so fortunate. God has blessed me over and over and over.

We sang this in worship today--it was so good. Faithful you have been, and faithful you will be. That's why I'm singing your praise will ever be on my lips...





No comments:

Post a Comment

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers