Thursday, February 25, 2016

i set a goal to blog once a week...

You'd think I could manage that!

I am having so much fun planning AJ's birthday party. Charlie doesn't understand. (And I've never been very good at planning a party, so we'll see how everything comes together...) but I've enjoyed it. I worked on a chalkboard poster for AJ today. That was fun. I've made some flowers (with some special help from the Loup ladies) and spraypainted some things and... we'll see.

I've been so cold lately. Which is soooooo different than I've been the last couple of years. It feels weird to feel cold.

Last Friday night we had our first ladies' night at church for 2016. Amazing. As always. I meant to write about this sooner so I could actually remember details, but hopefully I can still give the impression that was left with me.

We talked about hope. During worship, we sang a song (that I didn't know) and it talked about how we're almost home. When we were singing that, I saw in my spirit the veil that separated the holy of holies from the rest of the temple. And I saw that veil torn in half from top to bottom as it did when Jesus was sacrificed. When the veil was torn, light came FLOODING out. And I had the sense that "home" was coming to us. The heavens were spilling onto earth.

And I could see how we don't have to wait for heaven for everything. The good things of God are spilling into our space and can touch what is earthly and broken.

And that vision filled me with hope.

Which just so happened to be the theme of the message that night. Megan spoke (and it was amazing) and she started off with the scripture that says "hope is the anchor for my soul". But did you know the second half of that verse? Somehow, I'd forgotten that it says, "That hope,e firm and secure like an anchor for our souls, reaches behind the curtain 20where Jesus, our forerunner, has gone on our behalf, having become a high priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek."

I love that. He split that curtain. And let the Kingdom flood earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers