Friday, August 21, 2015

chains

Tonight we kicked off our year of women's ministry at church.

Ohmy gracious. It was so good.

During worship--the Holy Spirit was THERE. With us in the room. When we were singing "there is power in the name of Jesus" I just saw this picture of people being... well... so creatively... in chains. And it was like Satan had put a lock in the loops of the chain and said, "well. that's that! they'll never get out." And I saw the people that I work with/for. Those in mental health crises. Those who have been there over and over again. Those who aren't getting better. Those who they say, "there's no fixing that" about.

But then I saw the chains falling. The enemy doesn't have the final say. He can't say "well that's that." He doesn't have that authority.

A month or two ago, (actually when I was still working at Villa) my mom said she saw me laying hands on people I work with. Having encouragement and God's healing to offer. Well. I think that's for this job I didn't even know I was going to have. I'm praying that God will give me clarity and wisdom about to whom I should minister to more than the standard dignity, respect and personalized care I try to show each of them.

So basically I had goosebumps for the entire time we were worshiping. (I'm honestly not exaggerating).

Megan shared the word tonight about going deeper with God. I want that. Being comfortable is never a good thing to be. (Not that I'm terribly comfortable in life right now as you may have picked up from previous posts), but deeper with God. I think it all ties in together. I think that really praying and really seeking God about who and where and when to show God's compassion at work--and to maybe allow him to speak prophetically through me at times--I think getting the focus off of me would be really good. Having one hand hanging on to Jesus, and one hand reaching out to help someone else.

It was just an awesome time.

Getting sleepy. Although I had to spit out the melatonin I bought today because IT HAS GLUTEN IN IT!

Hopefully I'll blog some more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers