Friday, October 10, 2014

19 weeks

Soooo I'm pregnant! I think I've been kind of quiet on here for a while because 1) we hadn't announced yet, and 2) I haven't moved much in the last 3 months.

Can I just say morning sickness is not very much fun? And the name is misleading because you can throw up/feel nauseous morning, noon, and night. So pretty much from week 6-17 I slept, ate, and worked. That's pretty much it.

I'm feeling a lot better now--I've thrown up a few times this week, but for the most part it's not lasting all day. I have more energy, too--just feel better overall. Yay!!!!

Sometimes when you're that sick for 3 months, you forget what normal even feels like. What does it feel like to NOT be throwing up or wanting to throw up? Or be asleep or wanting to be asleep? I didn't take a nap this past Sunday and that was pretty amazing because I've taken 1 (or more :/) naps every single weekend since I got pregnant. (Not the mention the time or two my very wonderful co-worker found me powernapping in her office during my break(s).)

Being pregnant (for me) hasn't been glamorous.

I'm 19 weeks now. I really can't believe I'm almost half-way through the pregnancy! Baby is over half-a-pound and is 6.5'' not counting the legs! Apparently at week 20, you start counting the legs in length and baby will be around 10'' long. That's so amazing--I don't know how baby fits in there. Aaaaaand I'm sure I'll become more and more amazed (and aware) of that fact as we move along into baby's growth spurts.

I feel baby a little bit--but it's not terribly consistent yet. It's fun when I do though--I always want Charlie to see if he can feel it, but I don't think baby can kick that hard yet. Hopefully in the weeks to come he'll get to feel it. But he does talk to the baby several times a week and tells baby to go easy on me :) I guess it had never occurred to be before, but pregnancy is weird! You GROW a human inside of you. I'm growing a person. I'm probably also over-thinking it.

I ordered a couple of pairs of maternity jeans for my birthday, and I've just started wearing them. I still have a couple of large dress pants that still fit--and my jeans work okay with a belly-band--but maternity jeans are just so much more comfy! I'm going to get my dollars' worth out of these!

Hey baby--you are so special. God picked you out for your dad and me--he knew you'd be our first born. He knows everything about you. He knows that you're just what our family needs, and just what the world needs. I can't wait to meet you! Here's the scripture God gave me the first week we found out you'd be joining us:

James 3: 17-18
17 But the wisdom from above is first of all pure. It is also peace loving, gentle at all times, and willing to yield to others. It is full of mercy and the fruit of good deeds. It shows no favoritism and is always sincere. 18 And those who are peacemakers will plant seeds of peace and reap a harvest of righteousness.[d]

We love you!

1 comment:

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers