Thursday, June 12, 2014

case of the wednesdays

A girl backed into me yesterday at a 4-way stop. she was trying to avoid getting her front-end smashed by an 18-wheeler when she bumped into me. she must have been thinking so hard about the truck that she didn't look behind her. i saw the whole thing happening--i even thought about backing up, myself, but she had enough room and i definitely never thought she would hit me.

when her mother arrived at the scene i assured her that it wasn't her daughter's fault and that she was trying to not get hit in the front when the mom looked at me confused and said, 'what? you hit HER!"

uhhhhhhhhhhhh

she asked her daughter again what happened and she said "i don't know! she hit me from behind!"

seriously?

someone had even tracked down the semi-truck and given the girl his license plate number.

but nooooo i guess the only thing that happened what that i rear-ended her.

i was so annoyed. and i thought i was holding it together until the police officer came and went and i started driving home and got semi-hysterical. why? i was fine. she was fine. this is why we have insurance.

i felt like such a loony-toon.

i had a bad headache today and can't decide if it's related to the "Accident" or not--she was driving very slowly when she bumped me, so it wasn't high impact. i was looking straight ahead watching the entire thing happen. so i don't know if it's related or not.

in other news, goofy went to the vet yesterday. they said he's not paralyzed. they did electric-stim-acupuncture. he's going 2 more times. we have exercises and supplements to do with him. he's the best doggy ever. and we hope he gets better. but we're tired. it's just a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers