Sunday, May 4, 2014

lessons learned (part 1)

We have a patient. We'll call her Ms F. sometimes she thinks she's a man. sometimes she's a woman. she has multiple mental health issues going on. she flips from smiling and loving you to cursing you out and telling you to go away in seconds. yeah. she also claims to be married to one of our male patients. he goes along with it. i think mostly because it's easiest that way. some staff members were talking to her and asked her about kissing another patient. she got really angry and yelled "HE'S JUST MY FRIEND! EVERYONE LOVES ME BECAUSE I'M SUCH A PLEASANT PERSON!" i almost had to leave the room after that. lesson learned? be pleasant and everyone will love you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers