Saturday, June 15, 2013

conversations.

Target cashier(TC): Hi, how are you today? What do you have going on this weekend?
Mom (M): Well I'm in town for a few days! I came all the way from Arkansas. What about you? Do you have plans this weekend?
TC: I do! I have a funeral to go to. And then tonight, mumblemumblemumblemumble duck.
M: You're going to make duck tonight?
TC: Yes.
Stephanie (S): Me and my husband LOVE duck.
TC: Yeah, my friend wants me to have it. I don't know WHAT to do with it.
S: Ahhh... well, you just roast it for a VERY long time!
TC: That's not very nice!
S: Oh... uhhh...
Customer behind me (CBM): *chuckle chuckle chuckle*
TC: It's just a baby duck! My friend hatched it at school.
CBM: Then just roast it for HALF the time! *chuckle chuckle chuckle*
S: Imean... I don't eat EVERY duck I meet!
TC: I just don't know what to do with a duck, you know? I come home and I have to clean it's bedding 5 or 6 times a day! I should give it to my mom. She always wanted to have a farm. My friend wants me to get a chicken. Then we'll have a duck and a chicken. What am I going to do with a duck and a chicken? Alright, You have a nice weekend!
S: Have fun with your duck? Bye!
CBM: *chuckle chuckle chuckle*

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers