Thursday, June 7, 2012

a day for the birds

I think the hardest thing about being away from Charlie is not getting to share things with him that I know he would love.

like today... even though I was working, I had 2 hours in between meetings... so I saw...

Photo: That's right. I met the world's largest pelican between meetings... http://instagr.am/p/LlMy6eR4F1/
the WORLD's largest pelican in Pelican Rapids, MN



Photo: Aaaaaand the world's largest loon. http://instagr.am/p/LlNAcYx4GC/
The WORLD's largest loon in Vergas, MN (where I also sat on a park bench and ate my lunch looking out over the lake)



Photo: This was a day for the birds. Topped it off with the world's largest turkey! Great day. http://instagr.am/p/LlNIfAx4GE/
AND the WORLD's largest turkey in Frazee, MN (where I sat in the shade and read my book for an hour)



Photo: The Otter Tail County Otter http://instagr.am/p/LgOvf6R4Ms/
Not to mention the very large otter I saw in our very own Fergus Falls, MN earlier this week



Photo: Charlie loup.. You would have liked this library... http://instagr.am/p/Ljcr4jx4K6/
Or the BEAUTIFUL library I sat in for a few hours in Perham, MN the other day
It's just so hard... to see things that remind me of Charlie, and to not get to enjoy them with him. We would have had the best day ever today. 

Maybe that's why being so far away from family is so hard for me. To see things that remind you of the people you love, and to not get to enjoy those things with them or appreciate them together is just... sucky. (to use the most descriptive and appropriate word possible.)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that you're appreciating the places that you're seeing and can at least share with your husband via photos! And girl, if you have any good tips for how to do the whole being apart thing well, let me know! Chris is leaving for NC on Wednesday while I stay in AR. Lame. I hope you're learning tons with your internship this summer!

    ReplyDelete

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers