Sunday, June 13, 2010

5 years ago today...

last night, i dug up my old blog on xanga looking for a poem i had written. i never found it, but that is quite possibly because i was so humored by my old posts. i was funny back then! so i thought it would be fun to occasionally put up excerpts from my old blog to show what i was doing on this day so many years ago.

Monday, June 13, 2005

Currently Playing
Pretend You're Alive
By Lovedrug
see related
tonight i was driving to hastings to meet some friends... and i looked up and there was this huge spider... and i didn't just want to leave it in there... so i dug around in my purse for something to kill it with and all i could find was my bible. so i smacked it. and i didn't get it all the way (it wasn't smashed enough to be dead.) and it fell onto the floor by my feet. so all this is happening when i am driving and i'm swerving and hoping i can catch a red light so i can look for it. no such luck. so i'm swatting at my legs and stomping my feet the whole time... you know... just in case it was crawling around down there and poisonous. well... the poison part didn't matter. it just needed to die. i first saw the spider right before the intersection at main and arkansas... and i never found it. it was a long ride to hastings.

Monday, June 12, 2006

Currently Listening
Illinois
By Sufjan Stevens
see related
the 34 year old in my class asked me out. i was definitely 6 when he graduated high school. yuck.

i also feel really bad about something. (not about saying NO to the little man.) there's a snake living somewhere in the ivy by our pool. he slithered out at me TWICE on saturday. bleck. but i didn't get the hoe to my dad fast enough to chop it's head off... so i thought a good way to get it to come out would be to put the little frog he was chasing (that escaped by jumping in our pool) back in the ivy so the snake would chase him back out.

poor little buddy never made it back out. i'm cruel.


Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Currently Listening
Details
By Frou Frou, Imogen Heap, Guy Sigsworth
see related
so my physics professor keeps saying "you're in here to learn how to think differently."

well.. i like the way i think just fine! in fact... i think i'm a pretty good problem solver and "thinker" when it comes to anything that doesn't involve numbers or equations.
the world doesn't work in equations. there's never a "fix it all" answer. so shouldn't we learn to think that way instead?

maybe i'm just bitter because i make a terrible physicist.

2 comments:

  1. haha. i like how two of those had to do with killing things. I just read mine from 5 years ago...apparently that was the summer I worked at Cliff Goodin. funny

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are still quite funny
    Especially when you chase flying insects around our house and squash them--or when you get infuriated because I captured a spider and let him go outside.

    And using a frog as bait is very mean.

    ReplyDelete

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers