Tuesday, June 22, 2010

happy father's day

on my drive to work today i realized that i never look at the lake. i never take time on my drive to admire how beautiful my new home is.

i took laundry (towels, pillow cases, and gowns) home with me over the weekend to wash because we didn't have enough time last friday. i washed, dried, folded, and loaded it all up in the hamper and set it by the door so i wouldn't forget it. well this morning i was nervous because our boss was working at our office (and i feel like i always do something goofy when he's there and he thinks i'm not a good employee...) so i made sure to leave early. wellllll. airheaded me forgot the laundry. sitting by the door. so i had to drive back home to get it. way to impress the boss.

and finally, i doubt anyone reads my blog that doesn't know him, but if you DON'T, this is my dad, steve. (yes, i was named after him :)) at church on sunday the pastor spoke about the role of fathers. he was adamant that his role as pastor was not to be the sole source of spiritual things for a family... but that the father should be the priest of the home and teach and instruct his children. the pastor isn't the church... the CHURCH is to be the church. i feel so fortunate to have the father i have. not only was/is he loving, instructional, and affectionate, but he taught/teaches us about spiritual things. i know very few people who can go to their fathers for answers like i can. i'm blessed to have a dad that knows the scriptures and context of scriptures like he does... that is so well read, and yet also so... real. he lives it. and i respect that so much!
i love you daddy!

2 comments:

  1. I hope I retain some of his attributes
    You're right. I've taken the river(lake) for granted almost all my life.

    ReplyDelete

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers