Saturday, March 13, 2010

A trip to the Danielle Inn and our new furniture


With many thanks to the government for our tax refund, we decided to stimulate the economy by purchasing a new couch! We had to return the loveseat we were borrowing to the rightful owner, so it was time to get something new. And we sort of hated the other couch we had, too. Charlie and I both discovered we love sectionals, and found this one half off! It's kind of light-colored, but it's really comfy and pretty. I think we will enjoy it for a long time. (Hopefully like 10 years :))


Come over and help us break it in!


A group from our church also recently took a trip to the Danielle Inn. It is a really beautiful story. A family from our church received the home as a children's home several years ago... they even adopted one of the boys staying there. They eventually adopted 6 more children, but felt like the Lord was asking them to donate the house as a home for unwed mothers. After about a year of preparing the home and meeting all of the government standards, the new house parents are ready to start taking women. It is a beautiful home, and special to watch this beautiful family believe the Lord to provide for them after their huge sacrifice. Their 8 children are some brave kids with huge hearts. It kind of broke my heart to see them still so in love with their old home, but they inspire me to be generous without question.
(And this is just the house across the street that I thought was so cute. I wanted to show Charlie since he couldn't make it on the trip.)

1 comment:

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers