Wednesday, April 15, 2009

the lake

i'm so booooored.
in fact, i'm so bored i can't even come up with anything interesting to say.
maybe if i start typing something will come to me.
at 2 i have a meeting with administration at work. they had a pilot program where "team members" could submit ideas pertaining to hospital improvements. i submitted a couple of ideas, and they called me to ask if i could come to a meeting with people in charge of implementing my idea to talk with them about it.
the pickle i find myself in NOW, is that i have no idea which (or even the specifics of WHAT) idea they want me to discuss. hopefully they'll just read the idea off to the pros and i won't really have to say anything. but what do you bet they say, "welcome stephanie. why don't you share your idea with all of us." and then i stammer and stutter and say "umm... i don't remember what it was...?" i'm sure that will be the real selling point i try to harp on. hah. but maybe not. i'm leaving here in around 4 weeks anyway. that's not enough time for them to ruin my career here at the lake.
you know, this entry level job has taught me so much. being a woman, who feels like she deserves some respect, i... i find myself really feeling some bitterness toward the uppity top-ranked boss-type people. and... i'm not sure what it is. maybe if they felt approachable. or if they took time to learn names...? OR. if they would EVER. do a simple thing for themselves.
i understand that i am here to get things done for people. and i don't mind. for people with good attitudes. but many times, by the time they explain to me (or someone else) what they want me to do... they could have done it themselves. twice. or when they approach me with a "why didn't you do this" attitude, and i've already made a call to have it taken care of... ugh.
i've always seen myself someday taking some kind of leadership role. i hope i'll always remember working here and be able to translate that into how i treat people who are entry-level.
moms who never had the chance to go to school.
grandmothers who take so much pride in what they do.

EDIT: and remind me again why the people who always complain about HOW MUCH they have to do, always have the most time to sit around and tell people about how much they have to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers