Friday, February 6, 2015

36 weeks

Yesterday was February 5th.
AJ is due March 5th.

That's one month, people! (And really, a short month because February only has 28 days).

I've had 2 baby showers now. It's so humbling for people to bless you with money, practical items, cute clothes, and sweet accessories for your baby. We really have almost everything we need. I think tomorrow we're going to make a Target run to pick up last-minute things--we'll probably need to do a Wal-Mart run, too.

I think nesting has FINALLY kicked in. Last night, Charlie was like, "Wow! You have more energy, huh?" Because I've been coming home and vacuuming and washing AJ's clothes and blankets and trying to get everything organized. We're just not very organized and we live in such a small space. We really do love our home, but it's a challenge to keep STUFF under control.

I'm still feeling good--no swelling. No back pain. I can still walk (it's usually not a waddle). I can still get socks and shoes on (and see my feet! :)) AND I'm sleeping. SO that's awesome.

The other day it dawned on me that AJ is going to be my DAUGHTER. We've been calling her our baby, etc, but it sounds so weird to say I have a daughter! So grown-up. Charlie asked me to not say it again :) I think it was weird to him, too.

My mom got Charlie a massive soup pot for Christmas, and this week we made a (completely full) batch of Shrimp and Corn Soup, Cabbage and Chicken Soup, and Chili. I think we put up like 15 containers of food! Yay us! That will be what we're living off of when AJ comes. Especially since no one can really bring us meals. And I really don't want to get glutened with a new-born.

Displaying IMG_20150117_164337.jpg
This is me and AJ at 33 weeks, baby-mooning at Grand Isle :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers