Monday, February 14, 2011

minnesota.


soon, we will be moving here.




you may ask? welllllllllll
i was accepted into the university of minnesota's masters in public health nutrition (along with the Coordinated Masters program in dietetics) for the fall of 2011!!! orientation starts august 31st, and classes begin september 6th.

i have wanted to do this for SO long... and God has truly opened every door along the way for me. from the time charlie and i decided that i needed to pursue this, i had one month to pull everything together, from finding programs i was qualified for, to taking (and passing) the GRE, to finding ridiculously specific online courses for me to take this spring, references, transcripts, one month to do EVERYTHING. and, at times, i honestly felt like i was doing it for nothing... i had no confidence that i would get in. but i promised God that as He opened doors, i would walk through them.

this program is a really organic fit for me. when i was at the garbage dump community in Nicaragua, the cry of my heart was exactly what this program is doing and teaching. i am SO thankful for supportive family and an AMAZING husband who is willing to leave the only thing he's ever known to go on this adventure with me.

Thank you, God, for giving us the desires of our heart.

3 comments:

  1. STEPH!!! I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU! Though I am worried that you may freeze. But I know that God will provide warmth for you there as He has for everything else! Seriously, I know how bad you've wanted this, and I'm thrilled for you! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats, stephanie! looking forward to reading more stories about this new adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we are so happy for you, although we too are worried you may freeze! :) it's wonderful to know that God opened these doors for you and that you and charlie are obedient in following his lead. we will miss you guys terribly, but you're going to do great!

    ReplyDelete

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers