Monday, December 27, 2010

Pernky Brewster

Did anyone other than me watch this show? I LOVED it growing up. Fortunately, my lovely sister Stacy remembered and got season one for me for Christmas. I've watched the first 6 episodes so far and had some pretty awesome flashbacks.

And then a pretty frightening epiphany.

I think that I have subconsciously turned my dog Punkin (aka Pernky) into Punky Brewster.

  • Mr. Henry Warnimont is all alone until he finds Punky. I adopted Pernky because I didn't really know anyone in Louisiana (other than Charlie).
  • Punky always sings "She's a maniac"... and don't judge me here... but I always sing that to Pernky. Because... Pernky is a maniac if I ever knew one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf21KunFU4Q

  • Punky was abandoned by her mother. Pernky was abandoned by her owners.
  • On the second episode I even started crying because Punky is so sweet and yet so unwanted. I think Charlie and I both have a calling in life to love and want things that are unwanted or forgotten. We just took in Charlie's childhood cat for crying out loud because she's too bad at his parents' house!
Maybe it's not quite so weird to you, but I laughed out loud when I realized I had adopted Pernky Brewster.




1 comment:

  1. One of the reasons that I love you and Charlie is that you love perky brusters! I can't wait to see how the love of Jesus is displayed in your lives as time goes on. I know he's going to use you both to love the lonely and broken!

    ReplyDelete

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers