Thursday, November 5, 2009

I think I must appear fickle.


I say I’m going to do something… and then… I don’t.

Something happens. I don’t follow through.

My life, in some aspects, keeps not going where I want it to go or think it should go. I don’t feel like it’s a problem of commitment. I commit myself to something, and it feels like that something keeps falling apart underneath me. Like I leap onto an iceberg only to feel it slowly melt.

“I’m going to nursing school”

fail.

“I’m going to get a dietetics degree at lsu”

fail.

It makes me scared for the future. “I’m going to get a masters degree in dietetics.”

What’s to say that won’t be another fail? There’s like 150 steps between here and there.

I have to get a job once this semester is over. I don’t want to. I felt –so- suffocated at the hospital. Suffocated because of the hours and because of the structure and because I couldn’t take off when I wanted to. Suffocated because I have a college degree and can’t find a real job. Suffocated because of the thought that I’ll never get to where I’m trying to go. Suffocated because of everything that job meant I wasn’t. Being treated like… I was uneducated and incapable. Suffocated because it was the best thing I could find.

I don’t want to search for another job. I don’t want to be another secretary. I need challenge. I need autonomy. I need freedom. I need creativity. I need to use my brain. I need to feel like a contributing member of society.


i keep hearing over and over again "whether you eat or drink (or work or study) or whatever you do, do it all to the glory of God.

1 comment:

  1. i'm going to copy and paste this to my blog, i only need to change a few things... masters in NUTRITION, i don't need another job, i need A job and it might be a problem of commitment for me (oops).

    a friend encouraged me with isaiah64:4. the last thing i want to do is wait, but God is in control.

    ReplyDelete

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers