Tuesday, January 27, 2009

too much.

i've got a lot swimming around in my head, lately.
like why do i still think the picture i chose for my banner at the top of this page is funny? (or at all endearing.)
or... the hundreds of challenging (and sobering) things i read in shane claiborne's book "the irresistible revolution". things i didn't really plan on coming into and interrupting my pleasant, comfortable little life. but things that will certainly make it harder, more adventurous, and most definitely more fulfilling.
or i'm thinking about... hard things. dark things that i wish... just weren't a part of the broken, messed up world we live in.
or... about how what we reap what we sow. how i'm glad i've worked hard and not gossiped at work... and how thankful i am God is giving me favor through that... but how just because i work hard and try to stay out of trouble doesn't mean trouble won't find me... or there won't be people who -really- really -really- hate me.
i believe i am overwhelmed with too many thoughts right now to make a good, coherent post. i think i'll have to process a little more and maybe make several posts that are more focused.
these things always help me process, so i hope i'll actually come back and do it later when i've got a little more time.
for now :) i need to get up in only 8 short hours, so i'm going to sign off for now.

2 comments:

  1. sounds like you need a pint of ice cream!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh, I guess I'll have to read that book. If you're uncomfortable I may as well be with you.

    ReplyDelete

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers